It was a beautiful day for our annual strawberry picking Saturday. I’m now in possession of 7 pounds of juicy, succulent berries. Some we freeze immediately, some are refrigerated for easy snacking and some are used in baking adventures…like this Strawberry sheet cake. It is super yummy.
The Usual Cast Of Characters
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
The Steps To Glory
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 13×9-inch baking pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and gelatin with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in strawberries. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top with fresh whipped cream and strawberry purée.
Strawberry picking… a family tradition since 2015!
Inspire me Monday. Inspire me Tuesday . Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm.Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters.Create bake grow. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home fresh farm Tuesday. Wednesday Centerpiece. Dare to share. Doodle buddies heart and souls simple sunday Sunday stars silverado. The Fabulous Party. Charming homes and gardens homestead blog hop traffic jam artsy mama