I will just admit it, I’m a fall junkie. I love it all, Navy Football, apple picking, pumpkin spice, boots, comfy sweaters…you name it I adore it. So, although it is still 78 degrees out and shorts are still the wardrobe of choice, I am baking today! Inspired by the cider doughnuts we traditionally enjoy while picking apples and, of course my love of all things cake, I present the Apple Cider Doughnut Cake. Not for nothing, even my house smells like fall!
The Usual Cast of Characters
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups natural cane sugar
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Generously butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan; use a pastry brush to be sure to get into all the crevices.
3.In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
5.In another bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups sugar, cider, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and eggs.
6. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; whisk until combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
7. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
8.Transfer pan to a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet; let cool 15 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, mix together remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
10. Invert warm cake onto rack. Brush with melted butter, then sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Let cool completely before serving. Cake can be stored, covered, at room temperature up to 2 days.
Apple picking Princess!
Metamorphosis Inspire me Monday. Inspire me Tuesday . You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Wednesday blog hop. Share your style. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm.Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters.Create bake grow. Happiness is homemade. Create with joy. Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home Wednesday Centerpiece. Dare to share. heart and souls simple sunday silverado. The Fabulous Party. homestead blog hop traffic jam busy Monday. Love your creativity inspiration party share the wealth Karen’s kottage. Crafty creations sunshine Sunday potpourri