We always go to the Apple orchard with the same intention every year… we will only pick enough apples for snacking and a few Apple pies… and every year we return home, look at our many bags of apples and wonder what came over us. I think it is the combination of crisp fall air, a bite from an Apple just picked from the tree, jubilant time with extended family and visions of Apple creations that keep me picking…and picking….Anyway, it does give me the excuse to spend some quality time on Pinterest…
This yummy desert is a combination baked Apple and caramel cheesecake…we use apples so it must be healthy…right?
1. 4 to 6 baking apples, depending on size. I used Red Gala
2. 2 tbsp brown sugar
3. 1 tsp cinnamon.
4. 1/4 cup powdered sugar
5. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract…not to brag but I make my own!
6. Graham cracker crumbs…enough to sprinkle on top
7. 3 tbsp butter
8. 1 block cream cheese
9. Several pieces of caramel candy rough chopped
The steps to greatness
1. Slice the top of the apples and scoop out the inside. A large melon baller works great. We also save the Apple pieces and bake in a large ramekin…nothing is wasted
2. Mix together melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Brush the inside of the apples with butter mixture allowing it to soak in. Pour excess on Apples in ramekin. Bake 20 minutes in a 400 degreee oven.
3. Meanwhile, cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and chopped Caramel. Spoon into apples and bake 10 minutes more. Top with crushed graham cracker crumbs.
4. Serve hot or cold…both are delicious!
Live life…enjoy Fall…climb a tree
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. The Scoop. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Made by you. Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Talk Of The town. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Dagmar’s House. Grandma’s House DIY. Friday features. Home sweet home. Feather nest. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home. Pit Stop. Thursday favorites. Share your cup. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Sweet Inspiration. Best of the weekend. Create bake grow. Fresh market. Faith and family. Sunday at home. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Saturday shuffle. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Inspiration Monday DI&DI. Amaze me. Over the moon. Creatively crafty