Do you like butterscotch? It seems like one of the flavors I really don’t think much about when compared to chocolate and caramel. But a bag of butterscotch chips has been rolling around my freezer for some time now and today I just felt the need to put it to use. Bar cookies are always a hit around these parts. They didn’t last long.
The Usual Cast Of Characters
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butterscotch chips
The Steps To Glory
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the butterscotch chips
- Spread the batter in a well-greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the bars are set in the middle.
- Cut while the bars are still warm.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Enjoy with a good book!
Inspire me Monday. Inspire me Tuesday . Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm.Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters.Create bake grow. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade.. Create with joy. Creatively crafty Seniorh salon. Turn about Tuesday celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home fresh farm Tuesday. Wednesday Centerpiece. Dare to share. Doodle buddies heart and souls simple sunday Sunday stars silverado. The Fabulous Party. Charming homes and gardens homestead blog hop what’s for dinner. Traffic jam. Artsy mama