It is an ice cream type of day and I had a lovely jar of homemade blackberry jam just waiting to be used…it is a win win on all accounts I think.
I think, with great optimism, that spring is here and I’m looking forward to some porch time. I’m afraid the pollen may drive me back inside, but I can risk it for a few hours.
The Usual Cast of Characters
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups blackberry jam or purée
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The Steps to Glory
1. Add lemon juice to blackberry jam, mix and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine whipping cream, milk and sugar. Mix well.
3. Add blackberry jam to whipping cream and mix to incorporate.
4. Freeze according to your ice cream makers directions.
5. Once ice cream is done mixing, transfer to a container with a lid.
6. Cover and freeze for several hours then scoop and enjoy!
I added Chocolate chips, I’m crazy like that!
Also, guess who had a birthday. Our Princess is 8!
Inspire me Monday. Inspire me Tuesday . Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm.Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters.Create bake grow. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Create with joy. Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home fresh farm Tuesday. Wednesday Centerpiece. Dare to share. Doodle buddies heart and souls simple sunday Sunday stars silverado. The Fabulous Party. Charming homes and gardens homestead blog hop. Traffic jam Artsy mama what’s for dinner