Very softly and silently, it snowed last night to everyone’s delight. It was lovely outside and cozy inside. Perfect to a morning of sledding followed by a comforting hot beverage. The Princess had Hot Chocolate. My Hero and I enjoyed a Hot Buttered Whiskey. Pretty decadent but hey, when it snows enough to sled for the first time in two years you celebrate.
The Usual Cast Of Characters
- For the Batter:
- 1 stick butter (room temp)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- For the Drink:
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 1 ounce batter (hot buttered)
- 4 ounces water (hot, or to fill)
The Steps To Glory
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add all of the batter ingredients to a large bowl.
- Using a mixer with paddle attachment, mix well for 1 to 2 minutes until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Turn the batter out onto a sheet of plastic wrap or spoon into ice trays
- Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm.
- The batter cubes can be frozen for up to 3 months!
- Slice off a good dollop of the batter (about 1 ounce) or add batter cube and add it to a warmed mug or glass.
- Add the whiskey and fill with hot water until desired consistency.
- Stir well
Inspire me Monday. Inspire me Tuesday . Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm.Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters.Create bake grow. Snickerdoodle Happiness is homemade. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home fresh farm Tuesday. Wednesday Centerpiece. Dare to share. Doodle buddies heart and souls simple sunday Sunday stars silverado. The Fabulous Party. Charming homes and gardens. Tuesday with a twist Artsy Mama home and family