This week I did a little organizing in my kitchen, it’s amazing how many really cool things are rediscovered…almost like Christmas morning. You realize many of the things were actually part of a Christmas morning in the past. You get very excited to use them and hopefully, store them in a more convenient place to use in the future. Case in point, a scone pan. I love scones, I love to make scones but sadly, have not made them in a really long time. This Sunday I fixed the issue with some cranberry coconut scones. You have to try them!
The Usual Cast of Characters
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut, plus extra for topping
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup full milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- milk for brushing on top
The Steps to Glory
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together. Using a pastry cutter, cut butter into flour mixture until fine crumbs form.
- Transfer to mixer (this is optional)
- Add milk and vanilla, mix until ragged (your mixture will be very dry).
- Add cranberry and coconut
- Spray your scone pan and press dough lightly into triangles or follow directions below if you don’t have a pan.
- Another option: Pour mixture out onto a lightly floured work surface and bring together (gently, not to over mix). Pat and shape into a rectangle 1 inch thick. Using a sharp knife cut the rectangle in half, and then cut into 5 triangles on each side (giving you 10 in total).
- Place each triangle on your lined baking sheet approx. 2 inches apart.
- Brush the tops of the scones with milk and sprinkle the tops with more coconut.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms are browned and scones have puffed and set in the middle.
- Enjoy scones warm. They will last up to a week in the refrigerator or freeze for longer life. They make an awesome breakfast!
Or, dress for a party to truly enjoy them.
Inspire me Monday. Inspire me Tuesday . Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm.Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters.Create bake grow. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home fresh farm Tuesday. Wednesday Centerpiece. Dare to share. Doodle buddies heart and souls simple sunday Sunday stars silverado. The Fabulous Party. Charming homes and gardens. Tuesday with a twist artsy mama