The afternoon is rainy and cold, most chores around the house are completed and the season is fall…let’s make some applesauce. The recipe is simple, almost embarrassingly simple, however nothing beats the taste and smell of homemade applesauce. Especially if you just enjoyed an apple picking weekend! I make a large batch, it freezes beautifully.
The Usual Cast Of Characters
1. Ten to twelve medium sized apples. I use a variety of sweet and tart apples. Granny Smith and Macintosh work well together.
2. 1/2 cup sugar brown or white. Brown adds a deeper flavor. 3. 1/2 cup Red Hot Candies.
4. 3 Tablespoons lemon juice.
The Steps to Glory
1. Slice and core apples. Yes, I keep the skin on. Tough peels will float to the top and are easily scooped out. The rest will be blended in with the immersion blender at the end.
2. Layer apples in the crockpot along with the other ingredients.
3. Cool on high for 2-3 hours or until the apples release the juice. Switch to low for another 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.
4. Blend apples in crockpot with an immersion blender until you reach desired texture. Cook for another hour.
5. Cool and enjoy warm or refrigerate if you enjoy cool applesauce. Freeze in containers to enjoy all year.
Don’t you just love the fall, even the rainy lazy days staying cozy inside?
With memories of beautiful fall weather
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. Inspire me Tuesday . Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm. Friday features. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Sweet Inspiration. Best of the weekend. Create bake grow. . Fresh market. Faith and family. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home fresh farm Tuesday. Wednesday Centerpiece. Dare to share. What’s for dinner. Heart and soul