Summer is right around the corner…on the agenda, summer camp, 4th of July celebrations, swimming pool time and fun family vacations to new exciting places…wait one second, not this year. As the bits and pieces of our planned summer season slowly fell off our calendar, I felt the disappointment, for myself and my family. It’s selfish I know and it is hard not to fall into mindset of “unfairness”. It’s going to be a challenging summer for everyone and , with hope, I find the rest and relaxation I’m craving. Speaking of cravings…
I am also planning to enjoy the most wonderful comfort food…Have you ever experienced Rosemary Focaccia? I mean at home, not in your favorite fancy Italian restaurant. Super easy to make and a delight to the tastebuds. You can seriously finish reading my blog, head for the kitchen and have the deliciousness on your plate in a few wee hours!
1. 1 envelope dry yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
2. 1 3/4 cups lukewarm water
3. 4 cups bread flour plus 3 tablespoons
4. 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
5. 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
6. 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon chopped Rosemary
7. 1 teaspoon sea salt
8. 2 tablespoons Dough enhancer ( a magical ingredient I just recently discovered. So far I have had rave reviews on my experiments with it. You can pay a fortune for it from a famous baking company or order it from Walmart. You won’t be sorry)
The Easy Peasy Steps:
1. Dissolve yeast in wam water in the bowl
2. Add 4 cups of flour, 1/4 cup oil, and salt to the mixer. Beat until smooth. Add teaspoon of Rosemary and dough enhancer and beat about 4 minutes. The dough will be sticky.
3. Remove dough. Sprinkle with remaining flour and knead until smooth. Place dough in a lightly oiled pan, turn to coat, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for an hour. Basically until this
4. Coat 15×10 inch baking pan with oil. Press the dough into the pan. Cover with a towel and let rise about an hour
5. Preheat oven to 475 degrees
6. Drizzle the top of the bread with olive oil. Make shallow indentations in the dough in rows using your finger tips. Sprinkle the top with the remaining rosemary and salt.
8. Remove the bread from the pan and cool before slicing.
…and silly little girls!
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm. Friday features. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Sweet Inspiration. Best of the weekend. Create bake grow. . Fresh market. Faith and family. Snickerdoodle . Happiness is homemade. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Over the Moon Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday Wednesday Aim Home style gathering celebrate your story Little cottage Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home fresh farm Tuesday. Simple homestead. Dare to share.