Did you ever run across a recipe in an odd random place that made you pause and wonder if it could really really be that simple? Well, while planning out my usual busy week in my day book, I glanced at the colorful “tips and tidbits” section included in the margins and noticed something that stopped me cold…was it really that easy to make a creampuff? I mean there are like only four ingredients listed. It can’t be. But it was. Are you doubtful? Try it for yourself!
The Usual Cast Of Characters
1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup of water
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup heavy cream ( or personal taste)
The Steps to Glory
1. Preheat oven to 375 degeees
2. Boil water and butter together.
3. Remove from heat and add flour all at once, beating rapidly till dough forms a ball
4. Add eggs one at a time beating until dough is smooth
5. Using a teaspoon, drop dough on lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart…can be made larger if desired.
6. Bake 16 minutes until brown and puffed
7. Remove pan from oven and make a slit in each puff
8. Turn oven off and place pan back in oven for 10 more minutes
9. Cool on rack. Whip cream with a little sugar to taste
10. Cut tops off puffs, fill with cream and place tops back on
11. Optional: spoon chocolate sauce over before serving
Hope you enjoy!
Happy Chinese New Year from our Princess!
show and share. Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. The scoop. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Made by you. Metamorphosis. You’re the star. Tuesday with a twist. Let’s talk vintage. Wonderful Wednesday. Talk Of The townkeep in touch. Share your cup. Share your style. Home and garden. Thursday favorites. Waste not. Dagmar’s house. Style showcase vintage charm. Friday features. Home sweet home. Feather nest. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at home. Pit stop. Morning cup of joe. Home matters. Sweet inspiration. Best of the weekend. Create bake grow. 5 Things Friday. Sunday at home. Share it. Snickerdoodle. Simple Saturday. Happiness is homemade. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Inspiration Monday. DI&DI. Amaze me. Smell good Sunday. Over the moon. Wow us