Oh the glorious 4th of July is almost upon us! How can you resist all the red, white and blue…especially this Patriotic deliciousness! A perfect mixture of all the best summer has to give. Easy to make and impressive to serve, it will be the highlight of your holiday get together.
4 cups berries. Any kind! I am using a combination of cherries and blueberries and strawberries
8 tbsp sugar, divided
½ cup All Purpose Flour plus 2 tablespoons of flour to coat berries. This prevents the berry juice from bleeding into the batter.
¾ tsp salt
3 large eggs
1½ cups sour cream
1. Wash, trim, and quarter berries as needed.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Place eight 1- to 2-inch-deep (8-10 oz) individual baking dishes on a large baking sheet.
4. Coat each baking dish with cooking spray.
5. Toss berries with 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour to coat in a medium bowl.
6. Whisk the remaining 7 tablespoons sugar, flour and salt in another medium bowl.
7. Add the eggs and whisk to combine.
8. Whisk in sour cream and butter until combined.
9. Divide the berries among the prepared baking dishes.
10. Top with equal portions of the custard. (Roughly a ⅓ cup for each.)
11. Bake until slightly puffed and just starting to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
12. Let cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Show and share. Inspire me Monday. . The scoop. Inspire me Tuesday Make it pretty. Art of homemaking. Made by you metamorphosis you’re the star Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Share it. Brag about it. Wow us. Talk of the town. Share your cup. Share your style. Home and garden. Welcome home. Thursday favorites. Waste not Friday features. Home sweet home. Feather nest. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at home. The gathering place. Morning cup of joe. Home matters. Best of the weekend. Create bake and grow. Sunday at home. Snickerdoodle. Simple Saturday . Silver pennies. Create with joy. Inspiration Monday. DI&DI. Amaze me.