Feeling a little Fall like today and it makes me want to bake! Thinking about coconuts and it makes me want to bake Coconut Pound Cake…why not. It’s sweet, moist, tender and oh so delicious. It is also wonderful to tuck into a lunchbox for a small sweet treat. It is kind of perfect, matter of fact.I may just have to try another piece…just to make sure.
The Usual Cast Of Characters
3/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs (lightly beaten)
4 – 6 Tablespoons shredded coconut, depending on how you like it!
1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
The Steps to Glory
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Greese and flour 1 loaf pan, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix softened butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- In a seperate small bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and shredded coconut.
- Add eggs, one at a time into butter/sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add coconut milk, alternating with flour/coconut mixture (this will prevent lumps).
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 – 1 1/4 hours.
So soft and delicious!
Enjoy with your favorite Fourth Grader who still looks tiny with her backpack.
Metamorphosis Inspire me Monday. Inspire me Tuesday . You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Keep in touch. Beautifully made. Wednesday blog hop. Share your style. Grandma’s House DIY. Vintage charm.Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home Thursday favorites. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters.Create bake grow. Happiness is homemade. Create with joy. Creatively crafty Senior salon. Turn about Tuesday Saturday Sparks Farmhouse Friday All About Home Flaunt it Friday Pink Saturday encouraging hearts and home Wednesday Centerpiece. Dare to share. heart and souls simple sunday silverado. The Fabulous Party. homestead blog hop traffic jam busy Monday. Love your creativity inspiration party share the wealth Karen’s kottage. Crafty creations sunshine Sunday potpourri what’s for dinner