With a twenty degree drop in temperature almost overnight, it feels like Fall has finally arrived. Suddenly, everyone is wearing boots and scarves, the pumpkin patches are full to bursting and baking seems to be the topic of conversation again…real “heat the kitchen with the oven”, full of spice and fall bounty baking.
I, for one, couldn’t wait for a crisp Fall afternoon to pull out my bundt pan and get busy, after all my hero has a birthday this week. This calls for cake…special cake…and you can’t get much more special than Apple Cider Doughnut cake!
The Usual Cast Of Character
For The Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour * Look here for easy direction*
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wet ingredients
- 1 cup apple cider
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Topping
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Set oven to 350F
- Generously butter and flour your bundt pan, making sure to get into all the nooks and crannies. Don’t skip this step!
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Set the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
- Stir the sugar and cinnamon together for the topping.
- Invert the cake onto a plate. Brush with the melted butter, and sprinkle generously all over with the sugar. *Or make a simple syrup with Apple cider to top-that’s what I did*
Enjoy after a great afternoon watching Navy football…we stand loyal to our home team!
Inspire me Monday. Tuesday at our house. The Scoop. Inspire me Tuesday. Make it pretty. Made by you. Metamorphosis. You’re the Star. Tuesday with a twist. Wonderful Wednesday. Talk Of The town. Keep in touch. Party in your pjs. Wednesday blog hop. Your whim. Share your style. Home and garden. Waste not. Grandma’s House DIY. Friday features. Home sweet home. Feather nest. Friendship Friday. Funtastic Friday. Grace at Home. Pit Stop. Thursday favorites. Share your cup. BFF open house. Morning Cup Of Joe. Home matters. Sweet Inspiration. Best of the weekend. Create bake . Faith and family. Sunday at home. Snickerdoodle. Happiness is homemade. Saturday shuffle. Silver pennies. Create with joy. Inspiration Monday DI&DI. Amaze me. Over the moon. Creatively crafty what’s for dinner good morning Monday